August 25, 2009

Fall: Get Ready / Get the Look, Installment #4

Welcome to the fourth and final installment of Fall: Get Ready / Get the Look with guest blogger, Anne of The City Sage! Most of you are probably already familiar with her uber successful and stylish blog where she's earned quite the loyal following. I'm a longtime admirer of her quality writing and posts, and eye for style and design, so you can image how excited I am to have Anne wrapping up the series for us! Today she's sharing one of her signature 'Outfit to Room' creations where she shows us how to transition fashionably into fall. Here's Anne!


Outfit to Room: Fall Trends

Modern Boudoir: Sexy, sultry, and seductive, last spring's boudoir-inspired fashions have a dark underside this fall. Eschew filmy, flowy negligee dresses and instead look for structured lines, metallic hues, and black lace details.



Not Your Granny's Fur: Fur deservedly gets a bad rap, but you can't beat its snuggliness when the weather turns cold. Ease your conscience with vintage and faux options, then pair them with graphic patterns and unexpected colors like aquamarine.



Cocooning: 'Cozy' is a perennial autumn trend, but this season's burrow-worthy volume takes cuddling to new heights. Go for a cocoon coat or a super fluffy duvet; just be sure to counter the look with sharp boots or a sleek nightstand.



Power Plaid: Not quite prep school but not quite grunge, tartan is a surprisingly versatile pattern. Sample the look with something small like a scarf or a toss pillow, but do it in an unexpected color combo consistent with the trend's 'traditional with a twist' sensibility.



Life in Monochrome: A far cry from your childhood obsession with pink, this monochromatic vibe is subtle and sophisticated. Pick your favourite shade, dilute it by a factor of ten, then add interest with tone-on-tone patterns and tons of texture.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for sharing your tips and ideas for fall with us, Anne! I love how different, yet equally inspiring and accessible these looks are. I've already decided to experiment with a little faux fur in the new apartment myself. I might even try plaid for the first time :)

And a big thanks to our other Fall: Get Ready / Get the Look series contributors, Sarah and Alek! Thanks for the inspiration, ladies! Now, go and enjoy the rest of summer :)

Image Credits: 1. Louis Vuitton 2. Living Etc. 3. Matthew Williamson 4. Elle Decor September 2009 5. Tracy Reese 6. Living Etc. 7. Marni 8. Perfect English 9. Rodarte 10. Sarah Kaye

13 comments:

TheBeautyFile said...

I love these all so much. Most especially the top look!

Anonymous said...

Ooh I love everything! Especially the fur! I may have to look into that for when the weather gets chillier! =)

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

oh so beautiful pairings! love them all!

Sasha Darling said...

Awe- City Sage- Just did a panel event with her! Hello!!

My Passport to Style said...

Hi there Plush Palate,I love your name by the way,so original!Just wanted to let you know I have nominated you for a rather special award, over at My Passport to Style, I hope you like it. Please join in the fun and answer the question too! Sharon xx

Natalia | Look-A-Porter said...

What a great idea of pairing these looks and style! Simply amazing. x

Sarah Klassen said...

Beautiful looks -- I think the very first is my favorite, for its rich textures and palette. The gold is so sleek against the black and grays. Also, I would love to get my hands on her unique, silky skirt!

I'm ready to jump into Fall :)

vosgesparis said...

Hello ;)
Thanks for visiting! You were asking me about candelabras? do you mean the little ones in front of the shutters??
all the best
desiree

Anonymous said...

Love these combos! Nice job, Anne!

Paula Grace Designs said...

Wonderful post! Lucky devil for having Ane! I have said this before ~ Ane has a gift for connecting fashion to interior design. She is always right on. I think I need to twitter!
Paula Grace ~

Jessica said...

She has such a knack for finding rooms that match runway looks! I love the plaid throw pillow.

TERI REES WANG said...

Well, Fall is revealing itself to be quite decadent between the sheets!

Monika said...

Gorgeous inspiration for autumn! Thanks for the tips!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin