August 8, 2009

Weekend Bonus (re)Post: Inspiring Interiors

Last Monday I shared some inspiring interiors over at The English Muse. Today I wanted to share it again here with you. Enjoy!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I spend a lot of time thumbing through interior design images each day. Most of the time they are perfectly composed, brilliantly staged, and impossibly pristine. As a perfectionist, I find myself striving for that in my own place. But every once in a while, I crave to see those spaces that take me out of my comfort zone. I want to be floored and energized by something messy, something unexpected, or something creatively quirky. That's when I turn to the The Selby, where the homes they shoot are always refreshingly lived in and inspiring.

Isabelle McNally, Actress; at home in Greenwich Village NYC



Sofia Achaval, Stylist and Thibault de Montaigu, Author; at home in Paris


Ryan Korban, Interior Designer; at home in the West Village NYC


Frederic Beigbeder, Author; at home in Paris

7 comments:

TERI REES WANG said...

Yes!...we all actually live, eat, sleep, breathe, and sneeze in the place where we "live". No shame in sharing and showing the way we move throughout our space.

We are not mannequins.

alexkeller said...

i love the cat scratched chair in Frederic's home in Paris. makes mine in Tucson seem so much more fashionable

Anonymous said...

Can I please have both of those Pari homes? The first library is too amazing!

The Antiques Diva™ said...

You had me at hello with this one. I was recently the tarten scots blog looking a gorgeous masculine and elegant abode loving the pics, but as I left a comment I noted, "I want to see something more... something eclectic in the living room which is a tad sterile for my taste." Though these images are over the top filled with eye candy they are sensational and apparently are just what the doctor ordered for me! I'm going to go mess up my living room a bit, just to give it a tad more lived in look!!! Inspiring post!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what lovely, eclectic and REAL homes! I really love a place that looks like it's been decorated from travels and life well-lived. I am adding you to my blogroll, love this blog!!

Martini said...

the picture of him in bed is so funny.

###### said...

hmmmmmmm.....

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin