December 18, 2009

Designer Spotlight: Miles Redd

Miles Redd could quite possibly my new favorite designer of the moment. With a career opener as design assistant to Bunny Williams, I'd say he got off to a really good start. 
Since then he's made quite the name for himself and is a design leader in his own right! 
Miles' work feels fun to me. It's theatrical and dramatic, with an occasion touch of 'circus.'  
I'm drawn to the way he takes a traditional approach but pulls that from under our feet with surprises of pattern and surface (lacquer and plaster, satin and linen...). It's practical design with a healthy dose of playfulness!
I'd say he's mastered the art of layering, wouldn't you? My eyes dance around these spaces, forever finding new pockets of depth and visual delights.  
I'm particularly loving this last room as whimsical inspiration for my own bachelorette pad. Pink walls, plush flokati rug, zebra fabric? Yes please! 

Happy weekend everyone! Thanks for another great week of blogging and your generous comments. See you Monday.

xo,
Crystal

15 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Crystal - I'm one of the sisters from Ethel Edith - thanks for stopping by and enjoying our blog & furniture! I have personally been following you for awhile - I also am glad I found your blog - it's fantastic!

Also - the post today is fabulous - I am loving his work as well!

cassandra said...

oh, how i love miles redd... isn't it fun to revisit some old favorites? i think we notice different things every time. like those FABULOUS black and white lamps in that hall... dang!!! hope you have a wonderful christmas my dear!!! xoxo

Christina said...

that peachy orange in the last photo is just beautiful and slightly unexpected.

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

I love Miles Redd...those are some great rooms!

Unknown said...

Yep ... lovely work :-)

TheBeautyFile said...

That first photo is just absolutely gorgeous! Have a great weekend!

Jessica said...

There are so many beautiful details to appreciate in each room! And what can I say? Bold black and white stripes set my heart afire!

Sarah Klassen said...

He has a great style! Thank you for introducing yet another fabulous designer :)

I think image 04 is my favorite room of all. The masculine look is wonderful, and I really enjoy the pieces that he has combined in this space. I especially love the bar cart -- a piece of luggage to hold your bar items? Genius!

Hope you are having a fantastic weekend, Crystal*

::levina:: said...

loving that art piece on that last photo. have a great weekend.

My Passport to Style said...

Hi Crystal, you have supassed yourself this is certainly my favourite ever interior by you! Thanks for bringing this to us and for all your lovely comments on my blog this year.Look forward to reading new posts in the new year!Just noticed that we seem to have missed exchanging links with each other, wondered if you might like to exchange links with me? Happy Christmas! Sharon xox

M said...

The first interior looks so warm and inviting! I'm in awe!

Chicago Chic said...

Hi Crystal, how funny that my apartment looks like your old place! Sounds like our lives have crossed many similar places?! (I think I told you I used to live in Seattle as well, how funny) I'm glad that you enjoy my photos of Rome....and I can only imagine that I will be in the same position as you when I leave - missing it terribly. Living here is indeed an experience like no other!

Now, this post is amazing. I completely love the theatrical elements, especially in that 3rd photo, wow! I love how the dramatic patterns and colours are all tied together nicely and really work cohesively....the striped walls, the blue curtains, the leapard chairs, I love it all!

xoxo
Rachel

rebecca said...

Great images! I especially love the combination of color, textures and asymmetry!

katieorkatherine said...

That red couch is TO DIE FOR. Lovely blog too btw.

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin