December 7, 2009

Holiday Decor: Bare Branches

Are you enjoying decorating for the holidays as much as I am?! Visiting all the shops has been such a delight as I can't get enough of the holiday vignettes and pretty window displays!

This weekend I was in CB2, a favorite of mine. They had the cutest display of clear vases filled with bare branches and hanging ornaments. How easy would this be to recreate! All it takes is one of those cheap-o vases from Ikea or Target, going for a walk outside for the branches, and scouring your home for any unused ornaments.

I love anything that helps bring natural elements inside. The warmth of the wood branches would look great paired with icy metallic ornaments, don't you think? Playing with opposites is always fun!

It's also a fantastic way to create height in a space! Placing the arrangement opposite your Christmas tree would be a great way to help balance the weight of the room. Have you tried something similar in your own home?

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! I got the rest I needed after all my travels...thank you for sticking with me through the light postings last week. For those of you who have sent me emails about sourcing an item or who have asked for a little decorating direction, I'm making my way through those and will be in touch soon. Thank you for writing in!

18 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks for sharing! Absolutely beautiful pictures! I love the bare limbs inside & the mantle with all the ornaments is truly stunning!

the gardener's cottage said...

I love the idea of branches with a few silver balls. Simple yet elegant.

~janet

Chicago Chic said...

I agree, Christmas shops are one of the best parts of Christmas! Those branches are just gorgeous. It is something that I would love to corporate in my holiday decorations...stunning.

Rachel

Anonymous said...

lovely photos, Crystal! It's funny, I've been avoiding the shops because I hate the crowds, but I really love the decor ideas you can get from them. Wouldn't that be a great job?! I love this idea, and it might fix my biggest dilemma, which is that the cats are going to probably destry any ornaments I put on a tree (the little rascals!)...

Christina said...

LOVE this look! i especially like it with all of the pretty ornaments.

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

I also love going in all the shops this time of the year...everything is so beautiful! I love the look of the bare branches...there's something so pretty and simple about the clean lines of a branch.

Have a great Monday!

Unknown said...

These look lovely - I especially like the candelabra :-)

Blair Friedeman said...

That is what I did last year--a willow branch tree and adored it!

Jessica said...

This is a beautiful idea! Much classier than my delightfully tacky little fake tree!

FileUnderLovely said...

oh gosh what a gorgeous group! super delicate and lovely!

Unknown said...

Love the branches, they're so elegant and you're right, they do balance out a space with a big tree. Thanks for the inspiration!

xo

Sarah Klassen said...

I love branches! Last week, I went out to the acreage next to us and grabbed a few large ones...sprayed them with snow and put them in a corner of my bedroom. They are massive, but look so elegant. My sweet Mom surprised me with vintage Tiffany's colored ornaments for them...and of course, a pretty white bird. I like them because they offset my white stick tree and look pretty for Christmas...

I really like the photos you have chosen and the variety of options and ideas, Crystal! This is such a pretty post.

I hope you are having a great week so far -- I can't tell you how nice it is to have you back :)

Monika said...

I love this idea! I am also thinking about creating such a display! Thanks for the inspiration!

Paula Grace Designs said...

Beautiful! There is something spo spectacular about simplicity!

rebecca said...

Love, love the bare branches. I just added some fake frosty ones in an old bronze milk jug by my front door. I'll have to post some photos!

::levina:: said...

love these ^_^.

Anonymous said...

crystal, i am loving this whole idea of the decorated branches. my favorite is the one decorated with the jewelry, so girly, love it. and the pop of the blue baubles/ornaments so nice.

Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin