January 5, 2010

Google Opens Office in Stockholm & It's Gorgeous!

I've never blogged about a commercial space before as residential is my passion, but this here is too good not to share. I guess 2010 is bringing about lots of change!
Google recently opened an office in Stockholm and it's drop dead gorgeous. The cool kings of high tech and the stylish, design loving country coming together...could there be a sexier pairing?!
How'd you like to report here for work every morning? No wonder Google is unstoppable. With a work environment like this how could you not be inspired and have creativity pouring out of you like a fountain?
I just love the unexpected touches, like bicycles in the aisles and moose on the wall. It might be cheesy in any other setting, but for Google it works.
Large community gathering areas make for good work relationships and building friendships. How multifunctional of them to use ping pong tables that double as dinning tables in the cafeteria.
Need to de-stress or take a step away from writers block? Maybe a break for ping pong, foosball, or video games will do the trick!
The architects at Camenzind sure did do a great job of creating an open, lively, ergonomically friendly work space anyone would be happy to call theirs. Check out Google's other offices around Europe here. Just wait until you see Zurich!

*source and images via Home-Designing

15 comments:

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Wow I'd love to work there! My friend works for Google in NYC & says it's a great place to work but I've never seen the space. I can't imagine it would top this one!

Unknown said...

Thank you for this! I couldn't agree more that a fun, positive workspace is key to not just workflow but the well-being and energy of the people who work for you! The Vans offices has an outer perimeter path that is wide enough for people to skateboard thru. Love it!

eric @ MyFirstGarage.com said...

I could definitely get some work done there. Just imagine the combination of creativity, design, intelligence, and technology. It's the perfect storm. No wonder such great stuff comes from Google, they make it easy to do great work.

HAMPTON HOSTESS said...

Leave it to the Swedes! I love the ping pong/lunch table-how much fun is that! Have a great day! Barbara

Annie said...

I'm so envious! I am in a cube right now - not very inspiring at all!

Saltina said...

Fun! I've never really worked in a truly inspiring workplace environment, but I just know it would make such a difference!

Melissa A said...

Wow, I love it! Thanks so much for sharing this space. I really like the bright pops of color painted in the inside of the window sills and the fun room with the foosball table.

Yelena said...

whoa! i've heard that Google has incredible offices, but this is the first time i've seen photos! wow! i wouldn't mind working for them! amazing stuff! :)

Francine Gardner said...

These are the COOLEST offices. I have designed offices for hedge funds and other, unfortunately much more serious....I would love if my offices could look this funky....

Jo said...

I LOVE how they painted the window casings with bright colors. That is so cool.

Uncle Beefy said...

Hmm, weird. Yeah... bizarre really. How'd we not get recruitment letters for this one, Crystal? I mean, I know the place is uber-hip and all but surely a little of our American style would be welcome in Stockholm? Huh? I'll call the higher ups and see if we can't work a lil' sumthin' sumthin'. Wanna be roommates? ;)

I LOVE this approach to the workplace! Can't wait to see more! :)

Jessica said...

Google has such a fantastic workspace in each of their satellite locations. I work a business magazine here in Wisconsin and we did a video piece on their office here: http://ibmadison.com/ibtv?video_id=36

Kristin said...

Wow! What a crazy work place... I imagine working there would be a lot of fun. How could someone NOT have fun there?

Splendid Willow said...

I had no idea!!! But thank you for sharing - Stockholm is my old home town. Yes, Google will do what they can to keep employees happy. Look they even incorporated Swedish red cottages (so people don't need to go on vacation!)

Really fun post! I will send to all my friends with Swedish genes and/or Swedish connections!

OX, Monika

Style Stars said...

um omg... I WANT TO WORK HERE! im sure i would work for hours!! haha

fall in love with hanneli mustaparta...
http://youareashootingstar.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin