March 12, 2010

Plush (Color) Palette: Moody & Dramatic


In a last nod to the colder months of winter and before velvets are switched out for linens, I'm feeling inspired by the depth and drama of this moody blue room. If it weren't for the hints of gilded accents and a splash of violet, this room would be a little too monochromatic for my taste. But instead it's a deliciousness of perfection!
A beautiful linear blue sofa is a statement pieces I'm dying to afford. Of course, owning these gorgeous 1950s Italian blue ceramic lamps with brass bases wouldn't hurt either! I'd pull in the gilded tones of the lamps with a beautiful and modern Vivre lava vase with just the right twist of white and gold. Then, I'd finish off the walls in a coat of Farrow & Ball's Chinese Blue and sprinkle the room with violet throws pillows. What do you think, would you use this color palette?

TGIF my dears! Have fun and be sure to stop by on Monday - I'll be announcing a fabulous giveaway!!! xoxo, Crystal

*image is David Collins' London apartment via Dress Design Decor

17 comments:

Maria Johns said...

wow, that is one passionate room with that deep navy velvet, I love it!! especially the art work too!

Paula Grace Designs said...

Hi Crystal,
Love your selection ~ very rich!
Enjoy your weekend!
Paula Grace ~

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...

Love that blue sofa! Blue and purple are my faves.

Happy Friday!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I love that sofa and the chair with the gold details!

Have a great weekend!

Lila said...

I love velvet sofas. They're so elegant.
Lila Ferraro
Queen Bedroom Sets

Brittany said...

i love the color combo!

Linda [Forever Champagne] said...

I've decided! Navy blue is my favourite color (today, at least). Seriously, gorgeous, gorgeous post. Absolutely love the vase.

Have a wonderful weekend, Crystal!

Linda

Apt. #34 said...

mmm, me likely lady - especially the couch. a dark bold look is so luxurious

Sarah Klassen said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love the sofa + great accessories you have selected!

Another super lovely post, Crystal. I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

xo

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

Love the blue hues in the first picture, Crystal!

Adia Belle said...

Absolutely love the blue color of the sofa. You have a great eye.


Check me out at:

adiabelle.blogspot.com

Love your blog :)

carolina @ patagonia gifts said...

I love velvet... but will have to wait until my little whirlwinds grow up... in the meantime... long life to washable slip covers! xo

Julie @ Chapman Interiors said...

I have a huge weakness for a deep color palette, it's so rich and luxurious. The navy sofa with nail heads is to die for. Good reading!!

xx
-Julie

Fé... said...

The combination of navy blue and deep purple turns out to be dramatically captivating. Feels like I'm absorbed into it :) Wow... simply beautiful!

vosgesparis said...

I would yse the velvet and a bit of dark blue but I am not to fancy about the gold.

Rachel Follett said...

This is all so fabulous!

Debbie@Vintage Scout Interiors said...

I am doing a room with a dark blue sofa too, only we used a crypton ultra suede to keep the cost reasonable and sofa long lasting. Walls are Ben Moore Ballet White. The blue walls would be too much for me. We are bringing in yellow and ivory fabrics and accents of black and white to include the rug. I do like your idea for the violet pillows- really fun! Keeping the metals in the gold family. Hope to post pics when it's finally done.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin