April 14, 2010

Styled & Raw

When I saw this patio yesterday, something about it touched me...

It's clearly styled with intention (color coordinated floors, chairs, and coffee table), yet raw at the same time (branches and debris, aged surfaces). It reminds me of the sort of loveliness I saw living in Italy - effortless beauty lending itself with grace to the bend of time and change. Form always following function and an enigma of inherent style.

*image via Frank Feature discovered at Coco+Kelley

10 comments:

The Iconic Blog.com said...

Perfection! Europe does outdoor spaces so well.

Unknown said...

I love it ...it's funny, the first thing I thought when I saw it was .."it looks like something Coco & Kelley would blog"

Rikke said...

I like it!!:)

Tiina said...

such fabulous floors!
have a sweet day :)
tiina
www.elcestockholm.blogspot.com

Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces said...

IT is a great picture/

Unknown said...

Its perfect!!!

Hamptontoes said...

Great image, I'm not sure I've met an outdoor space I didn't like (or at least didn't recreate in my mind while enjoying!)

ashlina {the decorista} said...

i had the exact same feeling when i saw it....love it.

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

What an interesting and eclectic mixing of styles and finishes. Who wouldn't enjoy being outside if they could rest on a scrolling leather chaise! But my favorite are the webbed chairs, but is that paint on them? They are very chic!

nelya said...

You nailed it on the description of this one. It captured my attention too. I posted on this and so many other images from that site a few weeks ago. It is so inspiring. I am now dying to travel to South Africa. Such a wealth of beauty.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin