May 7, 2010

Guest Post: Julieann of CreateGirl

Julieann and I have never met in person but we've become fast friends nonetheless - a kindred spirit for sure!! Apart from sending each other long emails about life's ups and downs, we've also bonded over Italy and Italian food. So, it goes without saying....I'm in love with this post!!
Hi All, I am Julieann and blog over at CreateGirl. One of the many topics that have drawn me to Crystal is our mutual love for Italy and the culture. So it was only appropriate that I share some of my favorite rooms and the feeling I get when I think about Italy and my own family traditions! One of Italy's most endearing traits is the way it marries land and sea and how those colors seep into their interiors. I constantly find myself drawn to the warmer tones of yellow, brown, oranges, reds and greens. As you can see another strong element is the use of natural textures, the stone, wood and brick are constantly incorporated into its designs.
Ms Adventures Italy <span class=
<span class=
<span class=
Italy is full of amazing food whose colors influence the space they are served in. Dining tables which are casual, welcoming and full of natural tones that feel as if they have a story to share themselves are essential.
rosemary
Thanks Crystal for inviting me to guest post today, I hope you are having one spectacular vacation!

8 comments:

Daniella said...

Gorgeous post! Italy is so beautiful, same with their style of decor...

Leslie @ A Blonde Ambition said...

Beautiful pics and a perfect post...totally made my Friday!

Heather Feemster said...

What a gorgeous house. Dreaming of Italy is an excellent way to start the weekend, cheers.

sanjeet said...

awesome pics
post free classified ads

Hamptontoes said...

I really need to go to Italy. Enjoy your weekend.

Creategirl said...

thanks Crystal for asking me to guest post! Hope you had a fantastic vacation!

Diana Strinati Baur said...

Is that house the photo from my friend Birgit at Piedmont Pur? :) Love this post, Julieann! Viva Italia. I suppose it's natural I feel that way, after almost 7 years here...

Laura Trevey said...

Gorgeous photos... ahh... take me away!

xoxo Laura

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin