November 2, 2010

EASING INTO FALL

Though I still have a couple days left in sunny Palm Springs, my mind is on the cool call of fall and all the comforts that come with it.
The best part of my daily routine is my morning cup of coffee. There's not a sweeter moment in the day than when I can warm up with a mug when the air outside is cozy and crisp.
I also look forward to retiring my shorts and sandals for tailored jackets and scarves this time of year. I find fall fashion so interesting - layers of texture and rich colors not only keep me warm, but also inspired.
Working from home, a nice desk is so essential. A cashmere throw to stay warm with and a beautiful window from which to watch the vibrant leaves also feels like a little luxury of this season.

And finally, what I love so much about autumn is that opting for a night in with a good book instead of late nights out with friends all of a sudden seems totally acceptable. Just blame it on the cold weather...

10 comments:

Daniella said...

Thanks for the link :) I definitely need to pick up a soft and cozy blankets for this season...

Studio 13 said...

what is it about a morning cup of coffee??? perfect start to a fall day.

Stacey said...

Beautiful pics and i have to have my morning cup of coffee!

Splendid Sass said...

Such beautiful, refreshing photographs.
Thank you for sharing.
Teresa

Living It At Home said...

I agree! Love the layering of clothes and I love to cozy up with a great romantic period piece movie! I just did a post on just that. Maybe when you are done reading you may want a recommendation? Stop by to check out what I am watching on these cold dark nights!

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Beautiful post -- I think I simply must have that kitchen in the first photo! So sunny and happy and beautiful. Hope your week is just as sunny, happy and beautiful! xo

quintessence said...

Love that first photo and the Thonet bench - lovely. Fall is my favorite!

Olivia said...

loving that breakfast nook and the bench at the desk!! beautiful post :)

rebecca said...

beautiful beautiful pics.

McKenzie said...

So pretty and fresh!! Always enjoy your pictures :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin