Resolutions often point out all the things we're doing wrong and have a way of making us feel bad about ourselves. This year I've been so inspired by people like Erin and Bri who are posting what they love about themselves and want to keep. What a great new twist on the New Year's resolution! Because I believe in the power of putting your positive energy out into the universe and that we should all practice being a little kinder to ourselves, here's my 2011 non-goals.
1. Continue to base your decisions on courage, you've always been fearless and this has served you well.
2. You've cultivated a great ability to listen to that voice inside, however soft it may be at times, keep trusting that.
3. When things were tough last spring, you resolved to keep showing up for life and get through it with faith, I'm very proud of you.
4. You took a leap of faith and went after your dreams and passion this year, continue to nurture the gratitude and humility that are key to your success.
5. You've been stretched in new ways and confronted with new challenges this year, you should feel proud of the strength and focus you've shown.
6. You are so lucky to have the parents, brothers, and best friends that you do. Continue to thank them for their love, support, and care and remember that relationships are more important than deadlines.
I highly encourage you to write a similar list to yourself. I think it's so important that we remember to pat ourselves on the back for the things we are doing right in order to nurture that healthy self-esteem we all deserve.
*images via we heart it