March 28, 2011

TWO SIMPLE THINGS

I just got back from a quick jaunt to LA followed by some R&R in Palm Springs, and am ready to tackle a week full of work, appointments, and home makeover tasks. But first, two simple things that make my heart sing.
Of course I love the open shelves, white ceramic dishes, and rustic farmhouse table (with marble table top to boot), but what really gets me is that upholstered bench. Bench seating is a trend I have yet to tire of. Pair it with the perfect, velvety gray and white piping, and I'm done for. It brings the perfect touch of warmth and and I couldn't love it more.
Again, so much to love here: wide plank floors, cut out mirrors, free standing tub, gorgeous marble countertop... But the show stopper for me is that diminutive little light pendant that more than holds its own in this space. Have you ever seen something so irresistibly sweet?

Aww, interiors, always making my heart happy over the simplest of things!

*images via Delight by Design and Met Home

10 comments:

Creategirl said...

Doesn't an uph bench make a kitchen feel even warmer! Great photo, thanks for sharing!

meenal @ maison marigold said...

both the images are so lovely..love the bench..and yes that tiny pendant..the little rebel..making himself heard!! lovely post, crystal..xx meenal

The Iconic Blog said...

I am completely with you on the bench thing. I have one paired with my tulip table in my apartment and I absolutely adore it.

And as an added bonus, it provides so much great storage. I keep all my guest linens, pillows and the aerobed inside. It is like a guest room in a box! haha x

Melanie
www.theiconicblog.com

Kori said...

Loving that floor! Have a fabulous Monday. Kori xoxo

blondeepisodes.com

travelkate said...

I love an upholstered bench...planning on adding one to my next home!

TERI REES WANG said...

The first thing I ditch in a new home make-over is the cupboards.

Cabinetry has a way of getting in the way, and ruining our day.

Cheers!

Splendid Sass said...

Beautiful. I love that the top and bottom cabinets are different. The table is a favorite of mine too.
Teresa
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Woooooooow, your blog & your blues...... I just love all of it!!!

Agneta, a swedish one

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Wow ... how gorgeous is that kitchen! I can just see myself sitting down at that table to enjoy a glass of wine while chatting to whomever is making a fabulous dinner for me! ;) (btw, there's a fun Margarita Bloom giveaway over at the Ooh La Frou Frou illustrated blog this week, Crystal, that you may enjoy) Hope you're having a wonderful week!

Glitter, Inc. said...

I love the idea of decorating with cut-out mirrors! So charming.

xox Lexi
Glitter & Pearls

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin