December 20, 2011

DECK THE HALLS WITH SCOT MEACHAM WOOD!

Just in case you're not already familiar with him, let me introduce you to the design work of one of my favorite people in the whole wide world, the talented Scot Meacham Wood, aka Tartanscot.
Last holiday season we featured Scot in Issue 2 of Rue magazine, which was wildly popular with our readers, especially with the men! And you can see why. It's masculine and warm, full of amazing textures and objects, and exudes an irresistible British charm.
So when I spotted these photos from this holiday season on Scot's facebook page yesterday, I fell in love with the space all over again.


I'm endlessly fascinated by designers who can layer like this! It's wonderfully full but doesn't feel overdone. I imagine walking into Scot's home is like being enveloped in the most cozy of feelings, and during the holidays, a true festive delight!

*photography by Nicolas Smith

4 comments:

Tricia Rose Rough Linen said...

Masterful layering - wonderful to see it done so well - it isn't easy!

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

Gorgeous! I love the all of the rich colors and the pops of Tartan is stunning.

Kristy
www.idesignlove.com

Ally said...

This is some serious layering! I agree, it's not easy to layer to this extent and get it right. It seems festive and cozy and warm. I especially love the bed and bedding.

http://confessionsoftheglitterati.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

His work IS cozy!! Wish I could snuggle up in a space like that this Christmas! I also love the layered effect, so chic!

Thank you for the inspiration!

Best,
Ericka

http://myinteriorinfatuations.blogspot.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin