February 8, 2009

Miu Miu S/S 2009 Campaign ft. Katie Holmes Revealed!



Back in November we first heard that Katie Holmes would be the new face for Miu Miu's Spring/Summer 2009 Campaign. This week, the Italian fashion power house released the full campaign on their website and I must say the pictures are absolutely stunning! Whether you are a fan or not, her beauty is undeniable here. If she weren't an actress, I'm pretty sure she could have just as easily made it as a model.
The atmospheric and warm color ads taken by acclaimed duo, Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, are meant to portray, "a luminous icon radiating a sense of mystery and theatricality, which evokes a certain Fellini-esque chaotic excess." Though I love the photos, I personally don't see the Federico Fellini connection. For me, Arabian Nights comes to mind. But more importantly, I'm not sure that a campaign which evokes excess will resonate particularly well with the customer in this economic climate. When most fashion houses are toning it down, even canceling shows, in an effort to stay consistent with the American sentiment, this seems odd. Perhaps they are simply leveraging a desire of the people. Or maybe they are trying to say something more about their prediction for the future.
What is sure, is Katie's desire to enter and stay in the fashion world. She's expressed interest in designing and has even collaborated with stylist, Jeanne Wang, on some creations. I remember watching a red carpet interview of Katie at her Broadway premiere afterparty when the interviewer asked, "Who are you wearing?" Katie didn't skip a beat and said, "Holmes and Yang," as if it were a designer we'd all heard of before and that had been around for years. But I love her confidence :)

Here are some of her co-designs (so far I like!):
Katie in a form fitting navy blue number at the "Tropic Thunder" premiere in August.
I love this white jumpsuit Katie wore for her "All My Sons" Broadway premiere afterparty in October.

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin