May 6, 2009

Shutter Love

Just two nights ago I had some girlfriends over when a designer friend of mine and I started discussing decor options for my kitchen. I have a big, tall, long white wall that needs to be filled asap! She suggested a series of leaning window shutters and then hanging pictures on them to add architectural detail to the room. This morning I just happened upon this photo with that very look. Don't you love it when that happens?

I love the idea! Not only are shutters pretty to look at, they're a fast and simple way to cover lots of wall space, especially vertically. And it shouldn't be too hard (or expensive) to find them at your local architectural salvage store. Here's some more shutter inspiration!




*images via Velvet & Linen and David Sheilds

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin