August 17, 2009

Andrew Flesher's Sensational (White) Home!

If you've been a Plush reader for awhile, you've probably caught on that I have a thing for white spaces. They get me every time! That's why when I stumbled upon an interview and walkthrough of interior designer, Andrew Flesher's home on LoftLife, my heart jumped up and skipped a beat in excitement!

I love how the white bookcase blends into the white walls surrounding it, but still creates a strong sense of separation from one space to the next. With open floor plans, this is a fabulous way to create division on spaces and rooms that otherwise don't exist. 
Maybe because I'm on the hunt for a new one myself, but this dark wood coffee table jumps out at me and grabs my attention! I  love it's large size - a criterion for my new one - to accommodate lots of plates, wine glasses, and appetizers when entertaining. The carved sides are also a beautiful detail that gives it a sense of timelessness and luxury. 
In a space that is so airy and white (the walls, the ceiling, the floors), Andrew's use of dark accents, like the coffee table, console, and furniture trim, really helps ground the space and truly define in. The chocolate brown area rug is such a perfect example of the power of anchoring in a room. 
A touch of traditional sensibility in a modern, industrial space is such an unexpected and pleasant surprise! It shows great depth and versatility on the part of the designer. I simply love it!
These tall back dining chairs (where can I find them?!) are wonderful! They carve out the perfect silhouette against the clean canvas of white. And the bertoia bar stools - that is a chair design I never get tired of seeing!

*images via LoftLife

22 comments:

Maria Johns said...

This space really is AHMazing!!! great find!

Megan said...

I love the chairs and the chandelier in the first photos; although it is a mostly white palate it is so visually interesting. I'm so glad that you visited my blog so that I could find yours- what a treat! I'm looking forward to following along! xx

style odyssey said...

this space a real visual delight! it proves that white walls (and floors and ceilings) don't need to be boring when you add the right textures and colors.
personally, i find an all-white space so pleasing.

Mise said...

I've been peering at those lovely white chandeliers, trying to see them more closely - I feel I could build a whole room around one of them. The whiteness is such a good counterpoint to intricate design.

Unknown said...

There is nothing so fabulous as the classic combination of black & white, is there?

I'd love for you to play Stranded! with us some Sunday (if willing!). Hope you had fun down south, miss thing.


Cheers.

A French Cloud said...

fabulous..love dark woods and white.

Anonymous said...

The first room is to die for! I LOVE how the chairs blend in except for the black outline. It's genius!

Chic Coles said...

Couldn't agree with you more! The black and brown accents with the white room work so well with each other! Thanks for these beautiful images.

Rebecca said...

love the white and that bookcase is to die for!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the white bookcase, and I love that grey couch in the white setting---adds so much texture to the space. Someday, if you are feeling bored, check out my blog on 10 reasons to love all-white interiors (lots of all-white eye candy!):
http://urbansardines.wordpress.com/2009/03/25/10-reasons-to-love-all-white-interiors/

cheers!
Lilah

joanna of simple blueprint said...

i could move in!

Unknown said...

Hi, i just found your wonderful blog, Full of so many pretty pics! x

Sarah Klassen said...

This is such a great place - I like so many unique features about this home...the open plan seems to work well. It could be the variety in scale and texture of furniture as well as the partition wall(s). The kitchen looks so fresh and inviting - I want to a bright, fresh fruit salad in there. My favorite feature, though, is the chic sitting area in the first image, so perfect for conversation and reading. I love an interesting home!

Such a fabulous post*

Jessica said...

I'm in love with the dark wood of the chairs in the first picture. It's such a bold, elegant contrast to the white room.

Kalee said...

What beautiful spaces! I like that a white room is a complete blank canvas- color and paint it anyway you like. Hope that you had a lovely day.

Femstar2000 said...

That fourth shot is my favourite ♥

Beautiful Day said...

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! I'm loving the reading room photo here - the chairs, the shelves, the chandelier, the books, the knick knacks - divine!

Lisa said...

I love the 2nd and 3rd photos! So beautiful!

Creategirl said...

Oh I love those chairs in the first photo, I need to have them!!

Daniella said...

Oooo those diningroom chairs are crazy! Loving your blog too! I'm going to add you to my blogroll for sure.

Taylor Sterling said...

OOh I love these images. great white room!

What he ate, what I ate. said...

Color is clearly overrated. Love these.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin