June 15, 2010

Emily Henderson, HGTV's Next Design Star?

One of my favorite things about this time of year is HGTV's annual search for the network's next big Design Star. Watching the show's Sunday night episodes has become a beloved summertime tradition in my home, as twelve hopeful finalists audition for their very own TV show. This season the talent looks better than ever, but I've got my eyes set on one girl in particular -- Emily Henderson, who has my vote through and through!
Not too long ago I was introduced to Emily by a mutual friend and have been pouring over her beautiful portfolio ever since. She's a stylist by day, design star hopeful by night, and has worked with the best of them, from Martha Stewart Living, to Real Simple, to Domino, just to name a few.

Though she came uncomfortably close to being cut in the first round of eliminations last Sunday, I'm hopeful for Emily! I think America is going to absolutely fall in love with her casual charm, sense of authenticity, and quirky sense of humor!


So what do you say? Won't you join me in rooting for my friend Emily?!

Update: Follow Emily on her blog The Brass Petal for her reactions to the Design Star episodes and more of her stylish work, inpsirations, and finds!

*images via the portfolio of Emily Henderson

24 comments:

Unknown said...

that desk chair is INSANE! .. i'll give her my vote!

*kiss kiss*
Erika
~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

I have yet to watch the show! But it is on TiVo, I'll keep on eye out for her! Janell

Karen said...

I thought Emily was adorable and I loved her attitude. Nina, not so much! What I don't like about Design Star is the ridiculous notion that anyone could create a fabulous room with just one hour to shop for everything for the room at an unconventional source.

olivia said...

Wow, I love the chest of drawers with the two unique chairs on either side. Such great symmetry. Thanks for turning me onto her, love her style.

Connie @ Sogni e Sorrisi said...

Love that pink bedroom!

Bailey@ peppermintbliss said...

I'll definitely root for her, although I think she could do better than that silly show! Perhaps she could make HGTV a bit more legit and not so hodge podge craftsicle all the time! I appreciate a good design on a dime trick, but come on people! Let's glam it up a bit!

Beck's Chic Life said...

I really liked her!!! Thanks for posting her work!

Karena said...

Crystal, I love her style, that bombe' chest is wonderful!

Karena
Art by Karena

Leah said...

wow she's got great taste!

The Iconic Blog.com said...

Absolutely gorgeous!xx

Unknown said...

oh, absolutely. have you been following my favorite and my best's introductions of each of the aspiring designers? i think she's got it in the bag.

C.J. said...

she is great! hope she does win, I have not been able to watch it yet as I have been on vacation but do have it taped. so look forward to watching it. Anyone know what happened to the gal that won a few years ago? take care, Carol

Arianna Belle said...

Oh wow! Her portfolio looks great! I haven't gotten a chance to watch the premiere episode yet but I'll be sure to do so tonight!

McKenzie said...

Ouu I love the way she uses color.. divine! I'll have to set my DVR :)

Erin Goodchild said...

I agree! I'm cheering for Emily =)

Sarah Klassen said...

Most certainly! I don't watch, but love what I see here! Thanks for sharing this new-to-me talent—I can expect we'll see more of Emily :)

xoxo

Shannon Fricke said...

Love her style too. Great blog.

Sally@DivineDistractions said...

She was a bit of a train wreck on the first episode, but I liked her personality and her witty video about her disappointing space. I think the time element may be her nmemisis. She's cute as a bug, though, so I hope she can get it together for the next challenge.

Emily said...

I loved her, and not because my name is Emily Henderson too! I agree with one of your other comments. It is insane to decorate with the constraints given. She did not do great on that first challenge, but truthfully, no one did in my opinion. Go Emily!

Emily said...

Hey peeps, here is Emily's blog
http://thebrasspetal.blogspot.com/

jami @ i m a g i n e said...

Since I saw your post on FB on Sunday, I was totally rooting for Emily the whole time - she's adorable! And I really like the artwork she created! xo - jami

Flavia @ Estilo Home said...

While I was underwhelmed by her room on Sunday, something about her personality kept me rooting for her. Now seeing her portfolio, she's definitely got my vote! Loving her work.

A rootdigger said...

I wished would have had more of her work to show for hgtv portfolio. I saw only a little bit. Did she have what you showed above, I don't think so.
I also like her personality and she seems to know design.

Missa.Vogue said...

Ugh I love her! I love the laid back feel of her designs! So pretty!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin