January 4, 2011

GUEST BLOGGING FOR VICENTE WOLF

As many of you already know, Vicente Wolf is one of my all time favorite designers. We were thrilled to feature him in the premiere issue of Rue and even more so because it meant spending a day getting to know him.

The globetrotter that he is, Vicente is away traveling right now and has asked me to be a guest blogger on his site, where I'm sharing some tips for getting published in a digital magazine...I hope you'll find them helpful. Check it out and let us know what you thought!

P.S. Extra points for anyone who can name his cat ;)

*photography by Jamie Beck

7 comments:

angie said...

nice! and u saw that the cat's tail is fluffed out--is he/she scared? mine does that when he's frightened. lol

Anonymous said...

Loved the tips! As a (struggling) design blogger, I thought many of your suggestions were spot on. And, I love the recommendation not to post images "too early". Such a newbie thing to do, and how sad to lose out on an opportunity due to over-eagerism. Thanks for the pearls!

Natasha @ Northern Light Design said...

Great tips! What a dream come true, spending the day with your favorite top designer, lucky girl, you!!!

Come check out the two part interview I did with a fantastic food photographer, if you have time.....

Northern Light

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Awesome post Crystal!

I always love watching him on "Selling New York"...he's so quirkly and lovable, it's a rarity nowadays to find such a superstar designer without all the ego that comes with fame.

Thank you mucho for the online tips! Blogging is such a labour of love as I can slowly see myself getting sucked in day by day...it's almost been a year now :D

Happy New Year btw!

xo-Julie

Haute Khuuture Blog

Alleen said...

I really enjoyed the article! Cheers!

Atelier Turner said...

I left a comment on Vicente's blog but I thought I would leave one here too...awesome tips! Your advice is just what I needed. One of my business goals for 2011 is to get published so your insight came at the perfect time.

Christina said...

great tips, loved the guest post!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin